So this morning I woke up at 7am with the WORST headache and I just couldn't get back to sleep. SO I decided to just get up and do some Wii Fit. I have been awake ever since. The kids are still asleep. Watching the morning news; which if you know me you know I NEVER get up this early!. So I am just wide awake. I plan to take a shower very shortly. The phone has been ringing this morning. I usually HATE to answering the phone but I have answered al the calls. Of course they all want money LOL.
Yesterday someone I know had a scary incident with their kid. The child choked on some food they were eatting. And thanks to their quick thinking the child is fine today but it could have been worse. If you aren't certified in child CPR you should be. If you have a child, you should go. If you have babysitters that watch your kids, they should be certified too. You can go to the local hospital (call first) and take a free course. You can also do so online. But the website on what you need to do in the event that your child DOES choke (come on folks, kids shove too much into their mouths on a daily basis if we don't monitor it.) Check out the website won't you? www.americanheart.org and search for child choking. Learn it, KNOW IT, because in the heat of that moment you want your instincts to take over, if you KNOW it then you won't have to worry about forgetting it! I've had to do it on Zachary at 2 weeks old and thank GOD that I knew what I was doing! You never know, so learn it. Ladies, and gentlement, make sure everyone that is around your kid is certified or at least knows the proceedures! Ok, I am done on my soapbox.
No comments:
Post a Comment